"Jenny was fantastic - she was very informative and had very helpful handouts. This course was important, useful and productive."
The training I deliver covers a wide range of subject areas and can be tweeked to fit your needs. My aim is to work with practitioners to help them reflect and develop their practice, feel inspired in their work and ultimately bring about better outcomes for children.
Practitioners need to feel engaged and involved during courses, so we discuss, we think, we talk and we do, sometimes on our own, sometimes in a small group and sometimes everyone together. I rarely use powerpoint, whilst I believe it has its place, I feel active learning is much more productive.
Here are just some of the benefits of attending one of my training courses:
- a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- an opportunity to reflect on current practice away from the setting
- being challenged to look at how best to move forward
- receive new ideas
- generate clear goals and targets for implementation on return to the setting
- practical ideas and suggestions which are effective for all types of settings
- a realistic approach
- training from an experienced and knowledgable early years professional
NEW COURSE - QUALITY OF TEACHING IN EARLY YEARS
This course unpicks, unravels and reveals what quality teaching is in early years and the definition of teaching for the youngest children. Drawing on practical examples with opportunity for reflection, it considers the issues in relatable style.
Consideration will be given to:
- To reflect on what ‘teaching’ in the early years means in practice.
- To consider how we provide a framework in practice for quality child led learning and effective teaching.
- To reflect on and identify best practice.
- The routine as a framework.
- Significance of the continuous provision.
- Quality interactions and the role of the practitioner.
- Being responsive to children and in the moment teaching/planning.
- Impact on learning.