The training I deliver covers a wide range of subject areas and can be tweeked to fit your needs. My aim is to work with practitioners to help them reflect and develop their practice, feel inspired in their work and ultimately bring about better outcomes for children.
Practitioners need to feel engaged and involved during courses, so we discuss, we think, we talk and we do, sometimes on our own, sometimes in a small group and sometimes everyone together. I rarely use powerpoint, whilst I believe it has its place, I feel active learning is much more productive.
Here are just some of the benefits of attending one of my training courses:
- a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- an opportunity to reflect on current practice away from the setting
- being challenged to look at how best to move forward
- receive new ideas
- generate clear goals and targets for implementation on return to the setting
- practical ideas and suggestions which are effective for all types of settings
- a realistic approach
- training from an experienced and knowledgable early years professional
Want to know more or join my mailing list? Then email me
Courses can be delivered during the day in the week, on a Saturday and in an evening. Evenings and Saturdays tend to get booked up quickly.
Here is a list of the courses I deliver, if you would like more details about any course please contact me on 07939 544335 or email
This is not an exhaustive list of training courses, and if you what you want is not here, please ask, I'm sure I'll be able to help!
- Inspiring Your Team: Supervision, Appraisal and Performance Management
- Quality Improvement: Drive and Impact
- Your Staff Team: Your Best Asset·
- Early Years Leadership·
- Communication and Assertiveness ·
- Passion to Be Outstanding·
- The Characteristics of Effective Learning and the Leuven Scales of Well Being and Involvement
COURSES TO DEVELOP PRACTICE
- Observation, Assessment and Planning Explored
- Keep It Simple: Observation, Assessment and Planning
- It’s Stage Not Age: All About Child Development
- Exploring the Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Managing Relationships with Parents
- Involving Parents in Children’s Learning
- Positive Interactions Adults and Children
- The Needs of 2 Year Olds Development and Behaviour
- Managing Behaviour 3- 5 Year Olds
- Powder Paint, Mud Pies and Making Dough – practical creative course
- Boys, Girls, Dens and A Spaceship to Mars – role play and imaginative play
- Extending and Developing Children’s Learning Through Child Initiated and Adult Led Experiences
- Teaching and Play in the Early Years
- British Values and the EYFS
The Characteristics of Effective Learning and The Leuven Scales
This course will explore the characteristics of effective learning in practice and link with the Leuven Scales of well being and involvement, considering how they can be used to develop and improve practice.
To explore the Characteristics of Effective Learning in practice and the link with the Leuven Scales.
Identify how different resources and experiences enable children to play and explore, engage in active learning and create and think critically.
Understand how to provide an enabling environment that supports this learning.
· Identify how to develop practice in supporting children's learning through reflection
Consider the Leuven Scales of well being and involvement and what they tell us about the enabling environment and provision and how they can be used to support our understanding of the children.
FEEDBACK FROM COURSES
'It has given me new ideas which I can use in the setting with the children, to get them more involved in the process of learning.'
'Jenny was very professional, a good teacher but also funny made the course very interesting and fun.'
'Very thorough and good use of practical discussion.'
'Excellent and knowledgable as well as understanding.'
'The handouts are fab to take back to nursery.'
'As always very informative and enjoyable.'
'Really useful course. You always explain the 'process' really well which helps to understand how to achieve the aims.'
'Every part of the course was useful, much better understanding and clarifying of certain ideas.'
'Jenny's course was fantatsic, really feel I have learnt and developed new ideas.'